Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Thing 29 Student Response Tools


As a teacher we need to gather feedback as a means of formative assessment. Some of the tools discussed in this Thing  are  great for this need and for creating exit tickets and Do Nows.
I have used Padlet (wallwisher )several times. I decided to try answergarden with my co workers. I asked them : What is your favorite book? Not too original , lol.  So, now we have an awesome world cloud and they have a new student response tool. It was a very easy to use tool.
In the past I have used voicethread for instruction and assessment. I  have also tried Socrative but students did not take to it. I do really like to use google forms for quizzes. Its especially helpful when combined with flubaroo. I had learned how to do this in a workshop at DC BOCES. I really liked the instructions that Eric Curts created on online assessments using Google Forms.

I used Padlet to ask students as a "do now" , Why do we have a school library?  Quizlet is used throughout my school.  I plan to take a closer look at Seesaw
This tools can be used to brainstorm or to assess students??


No comments:

Post a Comment